This episode of Satan Made Me Do It on Rádio Quântica sees Dylan Hughes (of NTS Radio‘s MIDNITE MADNESS/MANIAC MONDAY shows, A FIST IN THE FACE OF GOD blog and VICE UK‘s fame) going at it on hour two with one crazy thrash/deathrash mix filled with demo stuff from good ol’ 1986.
Shouts out to Dylan for being so cool with us. Hopefully we’ll be able to do it all again sometime in the future.
— http://www.radioquantica.com/ —
Click for the complete tracklist.
Dylan Hughes (of NTS Radio‘s MIDNITE MADNESS/MANIAC MONDAY shows, A FIST IN THE FACE OF GOD blog and VICE UK‘s fame) joined us on our latest show on Rádio Quântica! Yeesss!
On August 31st, SATAN MADE ME DO IT saw Dylan taking over your speakers with a most harsh selection of ‘86 thrash and deathrash. His one hour mix is a complete throwback to good ol’ MANIAC MONDAY days and you can listen to it as many times as you want now.
Dylan is part of the reason why SATAN MADE ME DO IT came to be in the first place, so this felt like things coming full circle or something.
Here’s some info about the mix by Dylan himself:
“This mix is dedicated to the 80s thrashers, the 80s tape-trading community who helped spread the message of HEAVY METAL across the globe thirty years ago WITHOUT THE INTERNET, and the few who have ripped those tapes and posted them on the internet. You have kept the spirit of the metal gods alive. If this had been any other scene it would be long dead, but heavy metal will never die because we’re some dedicated motherfuckers!
This mix is also dedicated to the old LOCKJAW-YAPPY blog which used to post old demo tapes until some hater nerds had their mediafire accounts blocked. For people like me, who were a bit too young to engage in the 80s tape trade scene, this was a way to finally hear some of these legendary tapes, but alas, like the 80s themselves, now it is gone. It is probably where I got the majority of the tracks from—and the ripping DEATHRASH track “Lock Jaw” (killer beatdown!), is a nod to those guys.
As with all my shows, this is not a definitive 1986 demo list, somehow. For example, I omitted tracks from the (better) second MASSACRE demo, and any tracks from the insanely killer SLAUGHTER LORD demo as they had featured on either recent shows or mixes. This was a one-shot mix, and it came out thrash-heavy and face-ripping, so thanks to the Satan Made Me Do It guys who made me do it—”This one’s for you, Satan (Made Me Do It)!”
Here’s Dylan’s tracklist, in order (below you’ll find the stuff we played on hour one of the show):
Satan Made Me Do It #10 –
- The End Is Mine to Ride| Terra Tenebrosa (SWE) | The Reverses, 2016 https://dmp666.bandcamp.com/album/the-reverses
- 9:29 | Aluk Todolo (FRA) | Voix, 2016 https://aluktodolo.bandcamp.com/
- Ganja Gremlin | Oozing Wound (USA) | split LP [split LP], 2014 http://www.oozingwound.com/
- Children of Doom | Saint Vitus (USA) | C.O.D., 1992 http://www.saintvitusband.com/
- Metal Claw | Vuil (SCO) | Metal Claw [7” single], 2015 https://www.discogs.com/Various-In-The-Name-Of-Satan/master/396514
- Anubis | Magister Templi (NOR) | Into Duat, 2015 https://www.facebook.com/magistertempliband/
- Tundra Leech | Darkthrone (NOR) | Arctic Thunder, 2016 https://www.facebook.com/Darkthrone-101075189934422/
- The Great Disaster | Magnum (UK) | The Eleventh Hour!, 1983 https://www.discogs.com/artist/234176-Magnum-3
- Mob Rules | Black Sabbath (UK) | Mob Rules, 1981 https://www.discogs.com/artist/144998-Black-Sabbath